Wednesday, June 29, 2022
The press conference will be held on June 29, 2022, at 11:30 am, at the World Urban Forum Press Center in Katowice.
The organizer of the conference is the Congress of Urban Movements Association.
The subject of the conference is the presentation of the multi-sector partnership constituting the basis for establishing Silesian UrbanLab. This project was established by the Founding Committee, consisting of representatives of the Faculty of Architecture of the Silesian University of Technology and associations of the Society's Initiatives Center and the Congress of Urban Movements, as a research, educational and social activity on a regional scale.
The overall goal of the project is to create a laboratory for studying cities, social activities, participation and urban education, which will contribute to the integrated development of the cities of the region by involving researchers, non-governmental organizations, local government, business and residents in joint research and implementation activities.
The course of the conference:
- 11:30 Welcome guests.
- 11:35 - Presentation of the origins and assumptions underlying the established UrbanLab.
- - Presentation of pilot projects planned to be implemented in the UrbanLab space.
- - Presentation of the project partners.
- 11:55 Speech by a representative of the Congress of Urban Movements.
- 12:05 Questions from journalists.
- 12:15 End of the conference.