Participants do not require an invitation letter to apply for UAE visa, UN-Habitat does not provide such an invitation letter to apply for visas.
Visa on Arrival
Citizens of Australia, Andorra, Austria, Brunei, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America and the Vatican State can get a free-of-charge entry visa upon arrival at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
GCC citizens do not need a visa to enter the UAE.
“Citizens of the Republic of India with a minimum six-month valid US green card or US student visa shall be granted visa on arrival to the UAE from all ports for a period of 14 days, subject for a single renewal for the same period upon payment of applicable fees. The passports should be normal and valid for more than 6 months.”
Citizens of all other countries will need to apply for a Tourist, Transit or Visit Visa prior to their trip.
A visit visa can be arranged for participants upon request, through Etihad Airways if they are flying on Etihad Airways.
Your travel agency may also be able to assist with the visa application.
Some five, four, and three stars hotels may apply for visas on behalf of their guests who have booked a stay with those hotels. (check with your preferred hotel if they offer this service)
Local travel agencies which have visa system in place can apply for visas on behalf of participants.Otherwise, you will need to contact your nearest UAE embassy for a visa application.
- Clear colored copy of your passport (last page is required for Indian passport holders) a must for UAE visa application
- Clear colored passport size photograph a must for UAE visa application
- Passport should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months.
- Only national passports may be used for visa application (i.e. no Diplomatic Passports).
- An eye scan or facial recognition image will be taken at the Immigration desk in the airport.
- While airlines, travel agencies and hotels may help with your visa application, ensure sufficient time is provided for visa approval.
- Successful applicants need to print out a copy of the visa for boarding.